BUS DRIVERS NEEDED. Click here for more information.
Dear Fostoria Community,
We at FCS FETV were informed recently that Channel 10 (FETV), along with other channels like the local weather channel in Fostoria, are showing up black on some televisions. After contacting Time Warner it has been determined that the channel is still broadcasting and is on the Time Warner platform, but the channel is showing up black because of the switch this summer to digital signals and eliminating analog signals. You may have also noticed this issue when looking for other channels like the weather channel (local).
The short story is that:
· if you have a cable box attached to your television you should be able to see Channel 10 just like before.
· if you DO NOT have a cable box and you have an older "tube" television or other analog (bunny ears) setup you will not be able to get these channels unless you get a box or converter
· if you have DO NOT have a cable box but do have a modern flat panel TV with a digital tuner built in you CAN get the channel. However, you will need to re-tune or re-program your television channels. This is typically located in the menu. It only takes a few minutes. If you do this you should be able to find the channel 10 broadcast on channel 96-3 (yes that is a dash). If you look at your TV remote there should be a dash or a dot button near the zero. The weather channel should be on channel 85-23
FCS Adds Text Messaging to Parent/Guardian Automated Communication System
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Fostoria City Schools is pleased to announce that we are now able to send announcements (i.e., closings/delays, etc.) via SMS text messaging to your mobile phones.
If you would like to receive these announcements as text messages, please do the following:
1. Ensure your school has your cell phone number on file.*
*If the school did not have your cell phone number on file and you contact them to add it, wait at least 24 hours before proceeding to Step 2.
2. From your cell phone, text the word Join to the number 56360.**
**If our School Connect messaging system finds a match for your number in its database, you will receive a confirmation message thank you for joining school alerts.
At any time, you can unsubscribe by texting Stop to 56360.
3. Create a contact on your phone with the name of your school or school district (if you have children in multiple schools in the district), or another meaningful name, and the phone number 56360. Then when you receive a text from this number, you know who is sending it.